Welcome to Partial Answers Website - ISSN 1565-3668
Partial Answers, winner of the CELJ "Best New Journal of 2004" award, is a semiannual journal sponsored by the School of Literatures of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. It is devoted to the interdisciplinary study of literature and the history of ideas. It publishes articles that explore the ways in which
- literary texts can be perceived both as works of art and as testing grounds for ideas;
- literary works participate in the history of ideas, whether understood as a continuous line of development, as a process of inheriting and correcting schemas, or as a sequence of archeological layers;
- literary texts negotiate ideological changes;
- period concepts and debates impinge on the shape of the literary texts;
- the evolution of ideas affects our reading of the literature of the past;
- individual texts reflect the changing ideas about literature itself.
Recent Call for Papers -- Comics and the Canon: http://partialanswers.huji.ac.il/Call_for_Papers.asp
(papers to be submitted by June 16, 2014)
Please see editorial information for more details on submissions.
The editorial board will be pleased to consider suggestions concerning books to review.
Recent conferences associated with the journal:
"The Novel and Theories of Love," June 18-20, 2012
Trauma Testimony Discourse (cf. Partial Answers 7.2)
The Biblical Literary (June 13-15, 2010)
Knowledge and Pain (May 24-26, 2010)
Dickens, Victorian Fiction, Uneasy Pleasures (June 14-18, 2009)
Eyewitness Narratives (November 25-27, 2007)