Welcome to Partial Answers Website - ISSN 1565-3668 Partial Answers, winner of the CELJ "Best New Journal of 2004" award, is a semiannual peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the Institute for Literatures of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and since 2007 published by the Johns Hopkins University Press. It is devoted to the interdisciplinary study of literature and the history of ideas. It publishes articles that explore the ways in which
- literary texts can be perceived both as works of art and as testing grounds for ideas;
- literary works participate in the history of ideas, whether understood as a continuous line of development, as a process of inheriting and correcting schemas, or as a sequence of archeological layers;
- literary texts negotiate ideological changes;
- period concepts and debates impinge on the shape of the literary texts;
- the evolution of ideas affects our reading of the literature of the past;
- individual texts reflect the changing ideas about literature itself.
The editorial board will be pleased to consider suggestions concerning books to review.